01 September 2008

September #3

i would like to write
the one poem for you
the perfect one
that describes your skin
your smile
your body in bed
lit by moonlight.
It would have to talk about
your wow addiction
and your inability
to make me really angry
and then I would talk about
how wonderful you are
and have been,
about fall and spring,
festivals, presents, and yarn.
I would like to write a poem about you
that could tell everyone
what you really are,
all of it,
the good
and the bad -
for we both know that there has been bad.
but you are not bad,
no more than any other person,
just one human
moved by your heart
as well as your head.
I would write this poem,
but it would never stop,
continuing as you continue.
So I cannot write that poem,
or else I would become wrapped up
in my story oef you,
and lose you,
my time with you,
and my perceptions would fade,
losing accuracy,
and instead detail a dream.
And after all,
you are so much better
than any idle dream of mine.

http://www.meaningless.com/home.asp?poem=i_wrote_a_good_poem

Love,
Emily

No comments: