15 February 2009

#16

Why count down hours if I still can dream?
Why waste my time impatiently inside,
when more is found and lost in life's hard themes?

My wasting only makes slow hearts that bleed
with thoughts inviting consciences that hide
and count down hours in their still sad dreams.

It's time to push and fight, not sit and scheme,
the time to act on truths instead of lies,
for more is found and lost in life's hard themes.

We cannot hope to learn by shunning beams
of bright sunlight. Remember how I cried?
But never count down hours instead of dreams.

Though purity is held in high esteem,
the life well lived is one that's truly tried,
one that is found and lost through life's hard themes.

I used to turn from anguish, from my screams,
but never grew or got away - besides,
why count down hours if I still can dream?
Much more is found and lost in life's hard themes.

No comments: