18 May 2009

facebook

I'm posting this here because this is one of the few things that remains visible on my facebook.

Yes, I shut down the majority of my facebook today. You (whoever you are, reading this) are unable to view pictures, videos, boxes, and any other similar information. You are also unable to post information on my wall. You will still be able to message, if you so choose. I believe notes are still viewable, and so I'm posting this here too.

I shut it down because on and off I've been playing with the idea of deleting my facebook. I haven't gone to that step because I think some people might worry about me and some people might believe I had defriended them, which is obviously not the case - after all, with 170 friends on facebook, if you're my friend, it's pretty much for a reason. I actually know you.

I also shut it down because it's unnecessary. Facebook takes up far too much of my time and moreover it allows me to stalk people unhealthily. Facebook holds a lot of memories, both mine and others, that neither I nor you need to be able to access. I understand that I could choose to delete my facebook or simply not navigate to it as much; I'm going to attempt that as well. Its accessibility and easy distraction, especially when I am procrastinating, are the problem there.

Finally, there's some shit going on in my life that I'm tired of dealing with right now. Opening up to people is tiresome and has proven to be disappointing as of late. Therefore, I've closed off one more part of myself. It's an outward manifestation of an inner action and attempt.

On to other things.
My schedule, over the next week and a half:
Tuesday: busy until five
Wednesday: busy until 6ish
Thursday: free til 11, free after six
Friday: free til 10, free after six
Saturday: free before noon and after four
Sunday: theoretically free all day, will probably be going home
Monday: free before noon and after five
Tuesday: free after six
Wednesday: free after six
Thursday: free all day
Friday: free before one, after four
Saturday: free before ten and after five
From then on out, my summer starts and I will be free most of the time.

I am posting this here because if I have any friends that are interested in getting together, hanging out, etc, I'd prefer to schedule them in, especially ahead of time. Currently I have no other engagements on my schedule. Feel free to start vying for time. There are a few people I would especially like to see; they are tagged. (Shayla: Brewed? I get paid this Friday.)

I am looking forward to this summer; there are several things that I will be able to clear up in my life after graduation and moreover it looks like a lazy, enjoyable time for me. There will be LARP - hoorah! - and beach trips, possibly a class (but only one, a miracle!) and when I return to school, my batteries will be refreshed and it will be my final year here.

I hope to see you all around. Pax.

No comments: