04 August 2008

August #1

I should have kissed her
I should not have kissed her
I should have kissed him
I should not have kissed him
Regret in all its silly forms.
What's done is made
cannot unform.
Our lives are stone, into which we carve
not malleable forgetting substances.
I should have read her email
I should not have read her email
I should have read his email
I should not have read his email
What we do
and how we curse ourselves
is of our own calling,
our own making.
We bring storms down upon us,
call them out of skies
that may or may not beckon rain.
I should have fought for her
I should not have fought for her
I should have fought for him
I should not have fought for him
We make our choices and we choose
to battle on or to admit defeat.
We don't need agreement in these affairs
because we are autonomous and will do
as we will.
But for now
yet again
I will fight.
So many times I have fought
hopefully
for a good cause.

No comments: